- 200gm Arborio Rice
- 400ml Stock
- 40g Truffle
The secret to a good risotto is to use very good stock to begin with, being chicken, fish or vegetable. The flavour must be pronounced
- Melt a little butter and a spoon of olive oil in a flat pan
- Without allowing it to colour, cook a spoon of finely chopped shallots and a clove of crushed garlic.
- Add the rice (round Italian such as Arborio) and roll in the butter with a pinch of salt.
- On a low heat, start adding the stock while stirring with a wooden spoon. Keep adding the stock until the risotto is cooked.
- Check seasoning
- Grate the truffle onto the risotto and stir in
- Add a dob of fresh butter and a spoon of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil.