Poached Nectarines in Black Garlic and Amaretto Syrup
- 4 ripe nectarines – washed
- 2 cloves of peeled black garlic very finely chopped
- 100 ml dry sherry
- 100 ml almond liqueur e.g. Amaretto
- half a teaspoon of vanilla extract (to taste)
- Halve the nectarines and remove the stones.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a pan. Heat until simmering
- Add the nectarine halves. Poach for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the nectarines and place in a glass serving bowl
- Reduce the juices in the pan until a syrupy consistency is reached.
- Pour the juices over the nectarines.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream or a spoon full of mascarpone.
- Sprinkle with crushed Amaretti biscuits.