Lentil Soup With Bottarga
- 500 g of peeled lentils
- 1 medium peeled onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 liter of water
- 24 g. of sliced bottarga
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil and chives to garnish
- Boil the lentils with onion, garlic, bay leaf and water over low heat, until soft.
- Add the olive oil and remove the onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Allow to boil until the soup will thicken.
- Serve in six bowls and add four sliced of bottarga in each serving.
- Garnish with olive oil, freshly ground pepper and chives.
Tips: You may grind the soup in a food processor, until it becomes velvety. You may also accompany with a teaspoon of Katiki cheese (mixed goat and sheep Greek cheese) for each serving.