Black Garlic With Scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 16 extra-large dry-packed scallops, patted very dry (about 680 grams)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves black garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons finely minced jalepeno pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large frying pan with just 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper, and when the butter is bubbling, gently lay the scallops in the pan, not touching. Sear the scallops and cook for 4 minutes, turning once. They should have a lovely golden brown color on both sides.
- Transfer to a platter.
- To the same hot pan on high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the garlic slices and the jalepeno pepper and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the white wine and the balsamic vinegar into the pan.
- Let simmer for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper and add the fresh parsley.
- Pour over scallops.