Black Garlic, Crunchy Vegetable and Sesame Noodle Salad
This salad makes a good light lunch for two people.
For the salad
- 3 peeled black garlic cloves – finely sliced into little slivers
- 100g egg noodles
- 1 medium carrot – cut into small batons
- Half a cucumber – cut into small batons
- 2 spring onions – finely sliced on the diagonal
- 50g baby corn – cut lengthways and in half again
- 50g snow peas
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander – chopped
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of mild oil
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few slivers of mild fresh red chilli (optional)
- Cook the egg noodles and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly
- Plunge the mange tout and the baby corn into a pan of boiling water. Boil for 1 –2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Put all the salad ingredients (with the exception of the sesame seeds) into a large salad bowl.
- Distribute the little slivers of black garlic evenly through the salad.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing on to the salad and toss gently to ensure that the dressing is coating all the vegetables. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds just before serving